07 May Accelleran dRAX™ Open Interface RAN Intelligence selected finalist for SCF Awards 2019
Accelleran Carrier and Mission Critical Grade Architecture Agnostic dRAX™ Open Interface RAN Intelligence selected finalist for Small Cell Forum Awards 2019 in the category “Outstanding contribution to Open RAN and core platforms and ecosystems “.
Accelleran Carrier and Mission Critical Grade Architecture Agnostic dRAX™ Open Interface RAN Intelligence has been selected finalist for Small Cell Forum Awards 2019 in the category “Outstanding contribution to Open RAN and core platforms and ecosystems “.
Based on last year’s SCF-award winning “Accelleran Carrier and mission-critical grade architecture-agnostic small cell RAN-vRAN software solutions” and taking this Small Cell innovation further, Accelleran has enabled with their dRAX Open Interface RAN Intelligence the delivery of a true multi-vendor, disaggregated and virtualized RAN Intelligent Control Plane as per ORAN.
The key features of dRAX™ are:
- Cloud Native: All dRAX™ components are lightweight containers communicating over a common messaging bus
- ORAN Compliance: Accelleran is a proud and active member of the ORAN Alliance. We support this overdue initiative and dRAX™ architecture is compliant with the ORAN approach
- Containers (Kubernetes) / VM (Openstack): dRAX™ containers/VMs are managed and orchestrated through Kubernetes/Openstack respectively
- User Plane Location Independence: Control and User Plane location are independent and flexible. User Plane processing can be independently assigned per UE and per Service Bearer, opening up huge flexibility for intelligent resource assignment and efficient MEC access.
- 4G LTE and 5G: The development of 5GNR opens exciting opportunities for the future, but we also believe that 4G LTE has a lot more to offer. That’s why dRAX™ also support LTE technology to enable the benefits of Cloud Native vRAN in networks of today as well as tomorrow
- Open Integration: Thanks to the dRAX™ open API’s and convergence libraries, any radio head or small cell platform can be integrated into a dRAX™ network
- Scalability: dRAX™ can be implemented on a single microserver for the smallest edge cloud. At the other end of the scale, clusters of hundreds of cells can be supported with either native user plane processing on x86 or user plane offload to GPU or dedicated iNIC
- Mission Critical Reliability: All dRAX™ code is written to Accelleran’s unique set of SW development standards such as MISRA which are based on established practices from safety critical industries
Now in its 11th year the SCF Small Cell Awards continue to be upheld as the industry recognized standard of excellence. Open to the whole industry, SCF members and non-members, the awards play a vital role in showcasing the highest levels of innovation in small cell technology and best practice in deployments around the world
The 2019 Awards will be presented at the Small Cells World Gala Dinner on 21 May 2019 in London.